At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Role
Our Community team is an integral part of our business with the mission to enable our members to create their life’s work.
As a Community Manager, you will be required to report to the building you manage each day and will be the owner of the Member Experience, Operations, Sales and the Team. You will also be responsible for ensuring we are meeting our member’s needs and our WeWork global and local standards and targets on member experience satisfaction.
In this role, your responsibilities will Include, but won’t be limited to:
Membership Engagement & Retention:
- Assume ownership and manage the relationship with key accounts within the building(s) you oversee.
- Ensure all accounts within your building(s) have an assigned point of contact.
- Resolve issues of complexity as escalated to you.
- Monitor the Medallia (member feedback) escalation process to ensure alerts are being properly addressed and the right solutions are found.
- Be accountable for Net Promoter Scores, overall member satisfaction and member retention.
- Review Net Promoter Scores and member satisfaction results regularly to set KPIs and implement building-specific plans.
- Lead building site tours for VIPs as needed.
- Review invoices of flagged accounts and submit corrections to the Billing team.
Building Operations and Management:
- Ensure quality and upkeep expectations are being adhered to.
- Hold the team accountable for general operational policies and standards, as well as financial efficiency.
- Escalate reoccurring issues as it relates to 3rd party vendors to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Be accountable for building-level Opex in partnership with the Operations team.
- Escalate, monitor and see through capital improvement and large customization projects in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Tour and sell space to new and existing members by articulating WeWork’s value proposition.
- Identify the needs of prospective and existing members and recommend tailored solutions responsive to their needs.
- Develop and implement lead generation and sales conversion strategies to maintain 100% occupancy in collaboration with the Sales Lead and Leasing Director.
- Create and maintain relationships with partners in the local ecosystem.
- Train the Community Team to give effective tours and sales pitches.
- Review daily and weekly overviews of prospective members and participate in weekly sales calls.
- Oversee and lead teams within your buildings to execute on their objectives as an individual and a team to reach business & member goals.
- Ensure teams have been trained thoroughly during the onboarding process and have the tools necessary to succeed in their respective roles.
- Support direct reports in the creation of a development plan, through ongoing tailored coaching and by meeting with them weekly in a one-on-one setting to deliver feedback.
- Support individuals to pursue meaningful growth opportunities, within the role and through promotion. Recognize positive performance as appropriate.
- Track performance of direct reports regularly and conduct performance management reviews in sync with WeWork’s People Calendar.
- Communicate and drive the success of business updates, process changes, company initiatives, and goals to the team.
Budget & Expense Tracking, Reporting:
- Provide input to and set monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets
- Review monthly building budget and P&L reports for optimization.
- Set and implement building specific goals based on market goals, issues and opportunities.
- Submit comprehensive monthly and quarterly business reports on your buildings’ goals, challenges and achievements.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- 5+ years experience in hospitality, sales, multi-unit retail, startups, finance, or other related experience. Customer service, project management, and business operations experience is required.
- 2+ years of management experience of leading a team made up of individual contributors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or other related degrees.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Hebrew.
- Like challenges, and embraces change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and compassion.
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life's work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.